Twelve days of Christmas comes to campus Dec. 2

HOLIDAY+CHEER.+Student+council+created+dress+up+days+to+bring+holiday+spirit+to+the+campus.+

photo or infographic by Student Council

HOLIDAY CHEER. Student council created dress up days to bring holiday spirit to the campus.

Santa hats and reindeer antlers fill the halls as students begin to show their holiday spirit. Jingle bells and carols are heard with the click of a radio or press of a button as December approaches. 

The Twelve Days of Christmas dress-up days will begin December 2 with different themed days created by student council to bring holiday cheer to the campus. 

“Our president, Cole Arnold, was a big fan of it from years past and wanted to bring it back for his senior year,” student council sponsor Amber Brumlow said. “I really am happy that this was a group effort instead of landing on the shoulders of one student.”

This year, the dress-up days will not only be centered around holidays but school spirit as well. 

“The theme days, for the most part, were a collaboration between Cadince Poole and her Pride and Patriotism Committee,” Brumlow said. “However, we’re really trying to show support for our spring sports this year, so the dress-up days for Dec. 3rd and 16th were to help support golf and basketball. Cole came up with ‘Santa’s Lil Hoopers.’ We got stuck on the one for golf, and my husband actually came up with that one.”  

This will provide students with an opportunity to show their creative natures while bringing joy to their peers. 

“Student Council does the Twelve days of Christmas to increase school spirit in a fun way of celebrating the holiday season,” senior class president senior Rachel Smith said. “I am most excited for Christmas tree day because I think it will be fun to see the creative outfits people have.” 

By dressing up, students can have a fun distraction from the worries of upcoming finals as the semester comes to a close. 

“I am most excited for Santa hat day because I love wearing Santa hats,” student council president senior Cole Arnold said. “It is important for people to participate because it makes people happy and not worry about school.”