Expectations rise as seniors start year together

photo or infographic by courtesy image

RISE AND SHINE. Seniors woke up before the sun rose to get ready for school and be in the 830 parking lot at 6:30 am.

by Stephanie Keele, VOW Multimedia editor

As the sky fills with vibrant colors, students gather in the beds of trucks and in front of their cars to watch the sun creep up into the sky. As they eat breakfast together and pose for pictures to celebrate the start of their last year of high school, they know it is a new beginning. It is their time to lead the school and make as many memories as possible.  

Senior sunrise was on Wednesday August 11th at 6:30. Seniors arrived at school around an hour before school started to participate in this tradition. 

“I enjoyed seeing everyone dressed up for the first day of school for the last time and taking pictures with our friends that we’ve grown up with,” senior Faith Miner said. “It still hasn’t really set in that it’s our last time.” 

Smiles and cheers fill up the parking lots as students reunite after summer. 

“I thought that senior sunrise was a great event and looking around the parking lot that morning there were so many happy people,” senior Cole Arnold said. “It definitely made going back to school more enjoyable.”

The sunrise is just one of the many traditions that seniors will participate in this year. 

“I have been looking forward to making these memories since my freshman year, so I was really excited to participate in our first official senior activity,” senior Piper Neumann said. “It was so fun to catch up with people I hadn’t really seen all summer.”

After a complicated junior year, seniors are aiming to make this school year memorable. 

“It was great seeing everyone together, especially after being remote all last year,” senior Jack Wiebe said. “With us being able to come together this year, it made the memories even more special.”

The class of ‘22 is looking forward to making memories that will last a lifetime. 

“Being at senior sunrise made me realize that I only have so much time left with my classmates so why not make it last,” senior Zach Clark said. “I am excited to make memories that I can look back on in the future.”