Glenn ready to ‘do it for the dub’ as he joins WISD administration

ONE+TEAM%2C+ONE+PURPOSE.+Jason+Glenn+stands+with+Superintendent+Dr.+Tim+Harkrider+and+Assistant+Superintendent+of+Innovation%2C+Teaching+%26+Learning%2C+Dr.+Brian+Greeney+at+the+board+meeting+on+Wednesday.+Glenn+was+named+the+Executive+Director+of+Athletics+and+Fine+Arts+at+the+meeting.+

photo or infographic by WISD

ONE TEAM, ONE PURPOSE. Jason Glenn stands with Superintendent Dr. Tim Harkrider and Assistant Superintendent of Innovation, Teaching & Learning, Dr. Brian Greeney at the board meeting on Wednesday. Glenn was named the Executive Director of Athletics and Fine Arts at the meeting.

From his days playing youth football in the Humble Area Football League to his days on the professional gridiron playing for the Jets, Dolphins and Vikings, Jason Glenn has known the power of teamwork.

Glenn was named WISD’s new Executive Director of Athletics and Fine Arts at Wednesday’s board meeting. He is ready to help the district continue to grow and be successful in the many areas his new job will take him.

“My goals for the rest of the year is to continue to support our athletics and fine arts to the fullest,” he said. “I had some great conversations with Mr. Lebonski and Coach Wall. I am excited to meet our junior high coaches and teachers and receive valuable feedback on how we can continue to do great things in Willis ISD.”

Glenn attended Chester W. Nimitz High School in Houston and played for the Texas Aggies in college. He was named All-Big 12 conference first team in 2000. He was also a third team All-American selection by the Associated Press. While at Nimitz his coaches had a big influence on Glenn.

“My high school coach Burnis Simon has paved the way for so many students in his time on earth,” Glenn said. “He has always put kids first in sports, fine arts or students or in general. He was an amazing man and mentor.”

After his time in the NFL, Glenn coached in the Houston area for Pearland High School, Chavez High School and Klein Oak. His new job will be overseeing athletics and fine arts for the district, but he will spend a lot of his time at the high school. 

“While Coach Glenn (as I know him) will support the entire district, his presence will be most notably felt at WHS,” principal Stephanie Hodgins said. “Coach Glenn and I worked together when I was an AP at Klein Oak HS, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to have him in our district.”

Glenn is looking forward to joining the Wildkat community.

“Honestly, the people that are here and in the community made Willis a place I want to be,” Glenn said. “It is such an amazing place to continue to raise my kids and has a true family atmosphere. It’s a growing area because it’s an amazing place to be a part of.”

Glenn knows his past successes as a player, coach and advocate for all students has prepared him for his role as a Wildkat.

“My past experiences have helped me become a leader and a team player,” Glenn said. “I have always thought about others rather than myself. This mentality has assisted me into becoming a servant leader. I truly thank the Willis Community for embracing me and my family! I’m ready to DO IT FOR THE DUB!”