Senior class offers free coffee for students who pay class dues

Prom. Senior picnic. Senior breakfast. These events make great senior memories, but they also cost money.  This is why class dues are so important. 

To encourage seniors to pay their dues, senior class dues are being collected in mass at a class due drive taking place at room A203 next Tuesday. 

“We will be in the hall by room A203,”  senior class sponsor Heather Lebow said. “Free coffee is only for those who have paid or are paying their dues.”

What many students who haven’t paid their class aren’t aware of is how exactly paying their class dues help them as a senior. 

“Senior dues cover a discounted prom ticket, senior breakfast and senior picnic,” Lebow said. “The deadline to pay these dues is the last week of March.”

Alongside paying for senior activities, paying dues early gives seniors additional bonuses like a reduced price for this year’s prom. The prom theme for this year is Enchanted Forest. 

“Class dues also cover your prom ticket at a price of $80 instead of $100,” senior class officer Misael De Los Reyes said.

For students who attend the drive, the class is providing them with refreshments and activities like a photo wall in order to draw in more attention and ultimately more money.

Paying your class dues saves you money in the long run, since class dues are only $80 and include the prom ticket,” senior Alyssa Geisbush. “The due drive is going to be on the 22nd of February. We are going to be serving iced coffee to those who have paid their dues.”