FCA, student council hosts stay and play for faculty’s children

Groups give back to teachers

FCA+and+Student+Council+is+offering+a+free+Stay+N+Play+for+the+children+of+high+school+teachers+this+Friday.+

photo or infographic by Hailey Alvarez

FCA and Student Council is offering a free Stay N Play for the children of high school teachers this Friday.

by Katlyn Coyer, VOW staff

FCA and Student Council are offering an early Christmas gift for teachers with young kids with a free stay and play on December 13. 

“We will have games and snacks for all of the kids and keep them entertained while their parents can go Christmas shopping,” student body president Gracie Dorris said. “I think the best part of the project is that we are able to give back to our teachers who devote so much time and energy into our education.”

Stay and play is an event that allows teachers with kids to drop them off and be able to have the time and privacy to go on a date night or Christmas shopping. The event will have  will have activities and food for the kids.

I am excited to have something fun and safe for my child to come enjoy on a Friday after school, Coach Brandy King said. Free makes it even better.

Students involved in FCA and Student Council have volunteered for the evening. They will be led by Coach Keith Carey and chemistry teacher Lindsay Carey.

“Mrs. Carey and I are in charge of an army full of wonderful WHS student volunteers who will take great care of your kids and watch them from drop off to pick up,” Coach Carey said.

Drop off will begin at 3:30p.m. in the LGI and pick up will be at 7:00p.m. The parents will have to print out the document attached to the email sent to staff and bring it with their child at drop off.  The event will give teachers a little time to shop and prepare  for the holiday. 

“I think it shows how servant oriented our students and staff are,” health science teacher Katrina King said. “This gives parents a chance to have some time during this season that can be filled with so many activities and stress.”

While the kids are enjoying the fun activities organized the WHS student volunteers will be cooking up a kid friendly dinner for the kids.

I am very excited about the stay and plat on Friday, Coach Johanna Hourahan said. This time of year is super busy and being able to have some kid free time to shop is amazing. I am so proud of FCA and Student Council for providing such selfless service for their teachers.